Advertising with The I-70 Scout & The Eastern Colorado News are highly cost-effective ways to reach the rapidly growing market of the I-70 Corridor area east of Denver. In addition to accessing our online community via our website (with an average of 2,500 visitors a week), it provides twice-weekly reach to potential customers: The I-70 Scout is distributed by mail on Tuesdays to every home with an address in Watkins, Bennett, Strasburg, Byers, Deer Trail, and Agate (8,100+ addresses); and The Eastern Colorado Newspaper is mailed on Saturdays to subscribers within these same communities and beyond (1,000 addresses). Total circulation is in excess of 10,000. Our current rates are effective Jan. 1, 2008, and are subject to change without notice. Check out our variety of advertising options below and choose the best method that meets your needs. QUESTIONS? Give us a call at (303) 622-9796 or 1-877-621-9797.
- All ads placed in The I-70 Scout Newspaper are also on our website at no additional cost WWW.I-70SCOUT.COM .
- These are typically smaller size ads, placed exclusively in the Classified section of the newspaper. For information on Classified Ads, please visit CLASSIFIED ADS.
- These are typically larger, business related ads, placed throughout the newspaper, alongside stories and other large ads. For information on Display Ads and the Service Directory, please visit DISPLAY ADS.
- For information on Legal Ads and Public Notices, please visit LEGAL/PUBLIC NOTICE.
- 4-color ads are also available. The cost is $4.50 per column inch.
PREPRINTED INSERT RATES
- You may use The I-70 Scout for your preprinted inserts at a cost of 12¢ per insert. The maximum folded size is 8.5 by 11 inches. Inserts can be sent by zip code (i.e. Watkins, Bennett, Strasburg, Byers, Deer Trail, or Agate, or any combination of these towns).
- Local Accounts are non-commissionable. Local retail rates are allowed only to retail and service establishments dealing directly with consumers in our circulation area.
- All charges are due within 30 days after the end of any month during which ads were placed, except where outlined otherwise. If not paid within 30 days, a 2% service charge per month is added. This charge equals an annual rate of 24 percent.
- Ads are available for proofing on Saturday mornings at the Strasburg office of The I-70 Scout. Tearsheets will be provided, on request, to all Display Advertisers. Tearsheets will be provided to Classified Advertisers for $1.00 each.
POLITICAL & NONPROFIT ADVERTISING
- The rate for political ads is the same as the open rate. Such ads must be paid for in advance.
- Nonprofit organizations are eligible for a 10% discount off all rates. Press releases for such entities run at no charge.
- National Accounts are $13.62 per column inch, must be prepaid and are commissionable. The I-70 Scout and Eastern Colorado News are printed by web offset. The printed area on a full page is 10 in. wide by 16 in. tall.